Sunday, August 26, 2012

General comments

Howdy again,

I think that I've figured out a better program to blog with, so my following posts should be a bit easier to follow. Those pictures are out of order, but I hope that you can use context to figure out where to put them. It's like a game, except that there are no winners, points, or prizes. Not even a consolation award for playing.

I'm still working on transferring photos from my iPhone to iPad without a computer, which has proven to be quite difficult. I'll get it before the next big post.

While I'm at it, I might as well talk about yesterday. Wait, wait, wait: relevant background information. I am naturally a home-body. As in, I tend to forget that I haven't gone anywhere in awhile and am quite happy sitting in with a book. Thus, traveling around is not a natural state of comfort and takes effort. Alrighty, now the story.

Maggie and I decided that I'd meet her in London outside of one of the train stops for dinner. After some serious grumbling and anxiety noises, Maggie told me that any idiot could figure out the train system and to just deal with it. Then I felt better. The final destination was two transfers from her place, so I followed her directions and got there without a hitch, except for missing the first train because it was completely full and then trying to go down the wrong way on an escalator. I also apparently stood next to the Mayor of London for awhile. I had no idea who he was, but everyone wanted a picture with him. Being the socially awkward penguin that I am, I didn't ask for one.

Meeting up with Maggie was quite rewarding, especially realizing that I made such a big deal out of an easy task. I had a traditional meat pie thing with Pimms lemonade (tons of fruit, tastes delicious) and then a sticky-toffee dessert object. I've got pictures on my phone. Suffice it to say, it was delicious and all of you missed out.

I've been working on med school applications all day, so its time to go do something else. Here is a picture so this post isn't entirely a block of text.


-Chris

P.S. Do you write a post script after a blog post? Yes, I suppose it would be after the script, so it's technically correct. The best kind of correct.

P.P.S. I'm not on a particularly stable schedule until I start up school. However, commenting on here, emailing me at christopher.stallman@my.ndsu.edu, or messaging on skype (search for my name or look up hamlineem2) would all be great ways to get ahold of me. I'd love to hear how things are going or to chat for a bit about being abroad.

Carrier pigeons would be cool, but I'm fairly certain they wouldn't work for a number of reasons.

Location:Charlton Church Ln,London,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment